Welcome to Chelmsford Swimming Club
If you are interested in any of the activities undertaken by Chelmsford Swimming Club and wish to find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waterpolo - European Games Qualification
15th March 2015
Congratulations to Dani Brazier, and her Great Britain Under 17 team mates, who this morning qualified in second place behind the French for Baku 2015, the European Olympics being held in Azerbaijan in June.
It was a nail biting finish to the tournament, as the girls had beaten Portugal (26-3), drew with the Czech Republic (8-8) and narrowly lost to the French (12-13) and knew if they beat the Swiss this morning then qualifcation would be their's, only if the French beat the Czech Republic !
Great Britain confortably beat the Swiss 30-0 and soon after the French beat the Czech Republic 14-7 to ensure both they and Great Britain go to Baku in June.
The other teams in the 12 country tournament will be France, Greece, Serbia, Slovakia, Israel, Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, Hungary and Russia.
Swim Camp Fund Raising
6th March 2015
The last visit to raise "cash for clothes" for the 2015 swim camp made another £14.00.....So our grand total is.....Drumroll !!
Well done and a big thank you to everyone that has donated and especially to Esther Harrod and Julie Kitching for their sterling efforts in collecting all our old clothes and turning it into cash for our swimmers.
CSC 'Simply Swim' Swimathon
6th March 2015
Calling all Chelmsford Swimming Club Members to register and take part in the CSC 'Simply Swim' Swimathon to take place at New Hall School Pool from 4pm-7pm on Sunday 19th April.
Register your details today at www.swimathon.org (Please select the simply swim option instead of trying to find a pool near you).
- Record the pool name as ‘Chelmsford Swimming Club’
- You can swim one of the individual set challenges - Individual 5k (200 lengths), Individual 2.5k (100 lengths), Individual 1.5k (60 lengths).
- There is an option to register a child providing parental details for the communication
- Once registered, e-mail your details to Caron Scott at email@example.com to ensure that a lane can be allocated at New Hall for the event.
- You must complete your swim in one session
- Please wear your Swimathon swim cap, which will be sent to you by post in April.
- Submit your final time within your Swimmer Login at Swimathon.org and notify Caron of your final amount of sponsorship raised as she cannot collate this information centrally.
- And finally get lots of sponsors! In 2013 we raised nearly £5,000 – Lets see if we can smash this amount in 2015
Essex County Swimming Championships
6th March 2015
Congratulations to all swimmers that took part in the Essex County Swimming Championships during January and February. Full results can be found on the Essex County Swimming Association website: www.essexswimming.org. With 69 swimmers qualifying from Chelmsford Swimming Club to take parti, there are too many swimmers to mention them all by name however, we are proud of all the swimmers that qualified and took part in the event, won medals over the three weekends, achieved places in the finals or beat their own personal bests over the course of the three weekends.
By the end of the final weekend, Chelmsford Swimming Club were placed as one of the top three clubs in Essex out of the 24 clubs that entered. They brought home over 80 medals and saw a total of 26 events where Chelmsford swimmers were announced as Essex County Champions, achieved numerous Regional qualifying times and most swimmers smashed their individual Personal Best times. The club also saw four of their girls, in the 13 years age group, finish in the top 6 for overall performance out of the 70 competitors within their age group and had five boys finishing in the top 3 for their respective age group, including Charlie Boden, who was announced Top boy for the 4th consecutive year and set a new event record for 100m backstroke.
To read the full press release click here.
Eastern Region Inter-County Water Polo Champions
23rd February 2015
Congratulations to the Essex Ladies Water Polo team, who after some hard fought games at Luton last night retained their Inter-County Water Polo title for the 2nd year running. The 11-woman team was made up entirely of CSC players.
Their first match, against Hertfordshire, was a relatively easy affair and after leading 9-4 at half time gave the opposition very little opportunity to score in the second half and finished winning 18-5. Golascorers were Dani Brazier (10), Rachel Moore (3), Helena Wright (3) and Hannah Parkinson (2).
Their next game saw them facing new entrants to the competition, Bedfordshire, and after a rocky first half which Bedfordshire led 3-0 Essex pulled back to within one goal to lose 4-3. Goalscorers were Dani Brazier (2) and Hannah Parkinson (1)
Because of the scores and results in the other games it meant that going into the final two games, any one of Essex, Bedfordshire or Cambridgeshire could lift the trophy, especially when Bedfordshire put the pressure on Essex by winning their match against Hertfordshire by 11 goals !
Essex played Cambridgeshire in the last match of the evening knowing that a loss would give the title to Cambridgeshire, and a low goal difference win could give Bedfordshire the title. They started well, although couldn't pull away from Cambridgeshire in the first half ending the first 7 minutes at 3-1 up. The second half was also close, but Cambridgeshire were never closer than two goals and eventually Essex won 6-3. Goalscorers were Dani Brazier (5) and Hannah Parkinson (1).
The final result was that Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex all finished with two wins (6 points). Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire had a goal difference of -1 and Essex had a winning goal difference of +2 !!
Swim Camp 2015
15th January 2015
Congratulations and a very BIG THANK YOU to all the swimmers, parent helpers and Coach Richard for contributing their time to the Asda bag pack at the weekend.
A tremendous effort from all involved and who knew the swimmers were so good at packing bags or that they would have so much fun!!!
We smashed the target set and over the weekend the swimmers raised for themselves the grand sum of £1,199 which will contribute towards things such as coach transfers; hoodies and various activities and help ensure they have a fantastic swim camp in Torremolinos.
Essex County Synchronised Swimming Championships 2014
3rd December 2014
On Saturday 15th November Chelmsford Swimming Club's Synchronised Swimming Section competed in the County Championships.
This was the first year the competition has been an ASA Licensed event and the girls competed in ability groups.
A massive well done to all the girls who competed and for the fantastic results achieved, both in the individual and team events. Also a special mention for Emily Jennings who delivered an amazing performance, winning her figures section the duet section and claimed a gold in a team routine! Click here for full results.
If you would like more information about Synchronised swimming or would like to come and see these winning routines please do come and watch our Christmas display on Sunday 7th December at Riverside Ice and Leisure Centre 6.50-8pm.
Regional Swimming Championships 2015
25th November 2014
The Eastern Region Technical Swimming Committee has been working hard to secure pools for 2015 to fit into the new Competition Pathway calendar
They are pleased to announce that they have now secured confirmation from the pools that they can have Luton on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of May 2015 and UEA Norwich on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of May 2015.
In consultation with a group of coaches from the Region, they have been reviewing the Qualifying times and schedule for next year's Championships, and whilst they have not been able to incorporate all of the suggestions, they have managed to accommodate most of them.
The qualifying times have now been published (they are available on the Fixtures page, and they feel it is important to explain how they were arrived at.
The major points to bear in mind are:
- Events, age groups and age at date are as per the new ASA Competition pathway.
- The Qualifying times mirror what British Swimming/ the ASA are doing for Nationals, but with published qualifying times.
- Trying to create a Championships where the top ** swimmers in each event and age group compete for a place in the final.
- Qualifying times have been calculated from ranking positions at the end of last year's East Region Championships.
** Approximately 24 in events with finals, 20 in events with Heat Declared Winners and 8 in distance events.
In a few events and age groups where there was insufficient data to get sensible times, the qualifying time has been calculated to result in a reasonable progression time across the age range.
Important Announcement regarding Arena POWERSKIN Carbon Pro Suit
9th May 2013
A recent communication from Arena and FINA regarding the banning of certain models of Arena Power skin Carbon-Pro swimsuits will not affect entrants to the forthcoming BAGCATS. Any swimmer in possession of one of the banned suits will still be able to compete in it.
As of 7th of May 2013, the Arena website announced that certain Arena POWERSKIN Carbon-Pro models were not valid anymore for FINA sanctioned events.
The following statement has today, been issued by the ASA and British Swimming:
- British Swimming and the ASA advise that the FINA bylaw BL 8.1 only applies to Olympic Games and FINA events.
- There is no requirement for officials to check that costumes are on the approved FINA list. Bylaws BL 8.2 and BL 8.3 cover our requirement for design and material.
- A suit check will only be made if a World or European record is being claimed.
New Procedure for Claiming Club Records
16th May 2011
Please note it is now the responsibility of the swimmer to notify the club when they have broken a club record. You will need to complete the new club record form within the Club Records section and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
If this procedure is not followed then the new time/record may not be recognised.
The Importance of the Underwater Kick !
9th February 2011
Sean sent this out recently. It shows what can be achieved with a good underwater kick in backstroke. Watch Hill Taylor in Lane 6.
New Swimsuit Rules
26th November 2009
New FINA bylaws on swimwear with effect from 1st January 2010 for all competitions except Masters events.
- BL 8.1 - All FINA approved swimwear to be used at the Olympic Games and FINA World Championships must be approved by FINA at least twelve (12) months prior to the start of the respective competition. In addition, it must be available for all competitors by 1st January of the year of the Olympic Games or FINA World Championships.
- BL 8.2 - In swimming competitions the competitor must wear only one swimsuit in one or two pieces. No additional items, like arm bands or leg bands shall be regarded as parts of a swimsuit.
- BL 8.3 - From January 1st 2010 swimwear for men shall not extend above the navel nor below the knee, and for women, shall not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor shall it extend below the knee. All swimsuits shall be made from textile materials.
Training and Sickness do not mix !!
26th October 2009
Over the last few weeks quite a few swimmers have been turning up to training with the start of a cold or flu, and getting out early or not training fully, which in the hot damp environment of the pool spreads the illness rapidly around the rest of the swimmers
Unless you are well enough to train properly, you should not attend a training session. Swimming is an intensive sport and requires 100% fitness, so if you are unwell please do not come to training and spread your germs to others. A few days off usually means you are not contagious, so please respect the other swimmers in your squad.